At Business Support on demand we are always on the lookout for funding pots and initiatives for our clients. This month Business Support on Demand would like to introduce you to a fund called Seedcorn Finance.
What is the scheme?
The Seedcorn Fund can provide investment up to £780k to back early stage technology-based ventures which have the potential to become “shining stars” in the region.
The fund fills a gap in the local finance market for ventures that could be seen as a risky investment for mainstream providers.
How does it run?
Backed by Finance Yorkshire the scheme offers more hands on support from specialist investors. The Scheme is aimed at companies that are based on new and innovative technology with ideas that have strong potential and once in the market, are capable of rapid growth and return.
How will it help me?
The Seedcorn Fund can help your business if you are:
- Pre-revenue, start up or early stage technology business
- A business based on strong, unique technology or content that will be usually be protectable by a patent or copyright
- Beyond the research stage
- A business with the potential for rapid growth and return on investment
- Based in Yorkshire
Am I eligible?
The Seedcorn Fund will invest in your business if it:
- Has the chance to create a valuable protected position in a major market i.e. protected via patents or locked in contractual arrangements.
- Has an ambitious, enthusiastic and capable founders that understand the challenges their product can overcome
- Has the potential to achieve a strategic exit to a major company looking to acquire the defensible market position in 3-4 years
How do I get more information?
For more information call Business Support on Demand or visit www.finance-yorkshire.com to check eligibility criteria.